As a premier local home inspector service in the McLean, VA area we assist home buyers, home sellers, and real estate professionals in numerous ways. Pillar To Post offers a high quality home inspection by Kevin F. Dougherty.
- We offer a home inspection that is both thorough and comprehensive and service that is highly personable.
- For your convenience, we offer flexible scheduling service.
- Every home inspection that we perform includes an unbiased and extremely detailed report which includes color photos. This report is printed on-site before the inspector leaves – A unique service in the industry.
Home Inspection Specialists in the Community
We have the knowledge needed to inspect all types of homes and residential structures in the McLean, VA area. This includes:
- Single family homes
- Manufactured homes in every size and price range
- Older homes
- Historic residences
Home Inspection Services That Stand Out
We provide the best home inspection services possible in McLean, VA and the surrounding communities. Pillar To Post has conducted over 1 million home inspections across North America and has over 400 offices. Our expertise and industry knowledge allows us to concentrate on offering the best home inspection available. Our comprehensive home inspection covers the complete site area and structural components that are readily accessible, including:
- Site Location
- Home Exterior
- Home Structure
- Plumbing Systems
- All Interior Living Areas
- Bathroom Fixtures and Components
- Built-in Appliances
- Heating And Cooling Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Kitchen Components
A thorough and complete home inspection will generally take from 1.5 hours to 4 hours to finish. Our clients are invited to walk with us during the home inspection and to ask any questions that they have at any time during the entire process. The inspector will locate and identify major components and systems in the home for the client, and go over the ideal maintenance and operation of each one. We are not alarmists, we simply educate our clients.
Leader in Home Inspection Industry
As the local certified home inspector in McLean, VA and the surrounding communities, Pillar To Post has gained recognition in the real estate industry nationwide. Our clients receive a home inspection that exceeds industry standards.
Kevin F. Dougherty Industry Experience/Qualifications
Kevin is your ideal home inspector. He has the industry experience needed to be a good home inspector:
- 30 plus years of professional experience in sales, operations, delivery/production, information technology, and marketing disciplines in the real estate, commercial construction, technology and eCommerce sectors.
- Actively involved in the real estate industry and has extensively interacted with key players within the industry including: Associations, MLSs, Brokers, Agents, Lenders, Title Companies, Building Product Manufacturers, Architects, and the Trades.
- Licensed General Contractor in Virginia, specializing in home remodeling, restoration and remediation.
- Previously owned and operated an ACE Hardware store.
- Possesses an exceptionally strong foundation and understanding of the various working systems within a residential property, uniquely positioned as very qualified Home inspector.
- Current certifications held/in process:
- Virginia State Licensed Inspector #3380000802
- Licensed General Contractor – Virginia
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Certified Inspector #252582
- New Residential Structure (NRS) Certified
- North Virginia Association of REALTORS® (NVAR) Affiliate Member
- Added services to be offered may include:
- Pre-Listing Inspections
- Asbestos Testing
- Lead Testing
- Mold Testing
- Radon Testing
Pillar To Post Client Satisfaction Rating
Our client satisfaction rate is very high, and we often receive comments and praise from clients who appreciated the services that we provided. These clients thank us for the thorough home inspection, the comprehensive report that includes pictures, and the professional and courteous attitude of the inspector. We explain the findings in detail, and help put the inspection findings in the right perspective so there is no undue alarm. Clients report that the inspector was very knowledgeable and took time to explain everything, and they also comment on the education received about the home during the inspection.